The US State Department issued a travel alert for the following countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, Yemen. Travelers should avoid travel to these countries, and, if they must travel, they must do it through a country that isn’t on the list. Travelers can also contact the State Department for more information because they also recommend that Americans avoid travel to the listed countries. Travelers who must travel to these countries should be aware of the risks and should take extra precautions when traveling.
If you’re traveling to the US from the following eight countries, you need to get a visa from your local US embassy or consulate at least three months in advance of your trip.
The countries are Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, and Yemen.
The restrictions are not limited to people visiting the US. If you are a US citizen or resident and are traveling to one of the eight countries, you may also be affected. To find out more about the restrictions, you can go to the official US government portal for information or consult the US State Department.
Travel restrictions because of Covid-19 things to remember
- Wear mask
The US announced the latest travel restrictions effective today, restricting the ability of citizens of eight countries to enter the US. Citizens of Iran, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Somalia, Chad, North Korea, and Venezuela will be unable to obtain visas to enter the US. Exceptions will be made for diplomats and citizens traveling to the US under humanitarian grounds.
The restrictions are designed to protect US citizens from foreign nationals who intend to commit terrorist acts in the US. The restrictions will be reviewed every 180 days.
- Travel restrictions have been in place for anyone traveling from some countries to the US, but they are now moving to protect against terrorism.
With that in mind, it’s time to take a look at the latest developments from the Trump Administration. The White House is expected to shortly present new security vetting procedures – though it’s unclear whether they will be implemented immediately or after a public comment period.
- The new procedures would require that any international non-immigrant traveling to the US appear in person for an in-person interview with a consular officer before they are issued travel documents, the official said.
- Visas that are issued could be valid for up to two years, rather than the current maximum of one year.
- The CDC has announced that a group of approximately 1,000 people in the state of Florida have been placed under “covid19 self-quarantine” in their homes for the next two weeks.
This is the result of a new strain of the covid19 virus that surfaced in the state a few days ago. The virus is not contagious but is estimated to kill off its victims within 24 hours of contact. The self-quarantine was placed in hopes that the virus will die out before it has a chance to spread.
- The location of the quarantine was chosen by the CDC based on a computer model that was designed to predict the probable spread of the disease—based on the number of people exposed, their distance from one another.
In response to the outbreak of Covid-19 in the US, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a travel ban to West Africa. Because of the virus’ incubation period, travelers are only allowed to enter or exit the area once the 21-day waiting period passes. “We don’t want anyone who comes in contact with the virus – either here or in West Africa – to spread it to themselves or others,” says CDC spokesperson Susan Bodine.
The good news is that the government has lifted some travel restrictions that were put in place after the Covid-19 virus outbreak. It’s still not advisable to make any non-essential travel plans to affected areas, but if you must head to the area, you should take precautions.
As you may already know, Covid-19 has been spreading like wildfire. This has a lot of people worried about how to travel. I will be the first to say that yes, the world is a very scary place right now, but there are many steps you can take to reduce your risk of infection. One and the most important is to be careful and follow the protocols.