|Hubbell Trading Post|
Is the oldest operating trading post on the Navajo Reservation. Founded in 1876, the trading post was purchased by John Lorenzo Hubbell in 1878, and the Hubbell family operated the post until 1967 at which point it was sold to the National Park Service. The trading post is still active, and operated by a non-profit organization that maintains the Hubbell family trading traditions. The site consists of the trading post, family home, and visitor center. The trading post is located approx. 112 miles southwest of Bloomfield.